New asset management > This is one of the biggest changes so far. All details you can find by the link above. In two words - it is proposed to handle Bower/NPM dependencies automatically via Composers plugin.
Some specific composer.json and assests bundle configuration is required for that.
Still, it does not work out-of-the-box and require some manual Composer plugin installation, but as I understand it will work automatically after some Composer feature-merge.
Upgrading from Yii 2.0 Beta ? Prepary yourself to a lot of work, huge changes manual do to internal api refine work (and to be updated in future). Btw. I haven't also update my blog "engine" for more than a 6 months. Couple sleepless update-nights guaranteed :)
- Replication and Read-Write Splitting in DB component
- Discussion on L4-style schema migrations for Yii2. I would definitely love it to appear in Yii2.
- But alternative for L4 AR collections seems to be rejected or postponed till 2.1 release.
- AR-like REST service client planned for Yii 2.1
- Yii2 tests are finally passing on HHVM
- Analysis of Coding Conventions for Yii PHP Framework Version 2 - if you like useles stats and nice plots, have a look on it :)
- Introduction to the Yii Framework by CodeTuts
Read more ...