And you know - it seems that Yii core dev team was working all this time :)
[RU]Судя по географии посещений этих дайджестов - мне надо скорее доделывать поддержку мультиязычных постов и локализовать посты на русский язык ;)[/RU]
- People are contributing quite a lot of messages translation. Have a look and make pull request with your native language! Hey, Klingonians, where are you ! :)
- CONTRIBUTING.md appeared in Yii2 repo. With main links to contribution instructions.
- Draft implementation of REST component/controller, discussion around it. Personally I am very intersted in (REST)API support as I am dealing with (creating) a lot of them in my work. And I am looking forward whay will be proposed by @qiangxue.
- Once again started discussion about separating “attributes” and “DB attributes” for ActiveRecord or having some "data-mapper"-like approach in AR. This topic is very interesting and non-trivial, suggest you to get into it.
- Added support for installing packages conforming to PSR-4 standard, also all packages migrated to PSR-4 folder structure
- Debug module remade to use
ArrayDataProvideralso a lot of visual enhancements were made.
- Added support for retrieving sub-array element or child object property through
ArrayHelper::getValue(). Very handy and removes boilerplate
- API docs generator ready. Here are docs for a framework and for extensions
- Added Image Helper based on Imageine - that's really long awaited thing !
- jQuery 2.0 now distributed with Yii2 by default, but it is still being discussed
- Added postgresql
QueryBuilder::resetSequenceusefull for Postgres fuxtures.
- NO plans to adopt PSR-3 compliant logger class
- Charset is now explicitly set to UTF-8 when serving JSON
- Discussion on test additions - AspectMock not included, Specify included. Personally I like
Specifysugar very much.
- DOCS - i18n in views
- Faker fixture generator integrated and DOC for Fixtures
- Codeception tests added to bacis app
- AuthClient Extension usage documentation
- DICSUSSION - Display current routes
- More thougnts on Admin Panel for advanced app
- Added support for building "EXISTS" and "NOT EXISTS" query conditions
- MongoDB Session class and MongoDB Cache class
- HHVM support of Yii2 is being evaluated, not perfect yet.
- Started docs for integration Yii2 with 3rd party libraries : Using Yii in 3rd-Party Systems, Using Yii2 with Yii1.
- DISCUSSION : Fixtures as classes with custom initialisers. It could open wide possibilities like fixture dependecy, complex DB structures creation before adding fixture data in db etc.
Read more ...