May was a good time for a barbeque and trekking :) So here is a brief digest, hopefully not so much news means more bugfix and docs work from Yii Team towards stable RC.
- Documentation translation is started. Select some ready made En guide section and move on like Ru example.
- A lot of docs are being updated and added. Reminder - docs are here
- The Yii2 guide will also be available as PDF soon. First very rough draft is uploaded here: http://stuff.cebe.cc/yii2-guide.pdf
- Yii 2.0 review slides by Alexander Makarov
- What new PHP features do you need to learn to understand Yii2
- Yii 2 list of path aliases available with default basic and advanced app
- WIP Bower package manager / non-PHP dependencies. @pmoust tries to integrate it with BowerPHP
- No Ubuntu Juju Charms support out of the box.
...since nowadays nginx usage is very high and .htaccess is useless for it and many other webservers.
Events partial wildcard matching not planned to have
exportAsString(). Kind-a own
- kPHP in Yii framework? Definetily not, while kPHP does not support OOP.
truncateWordsmethods. Cool, I was writing own implementations for blog :)
- Added support for using conditional comments for js and css files registered through asset bundles and Html helper
- Docs : Using template engines (Twig, Smarty)
- API dicsussion : add multi-level relations to ActiveRecord::extraFields()
- Vkontakte oAuth support
- RBAC tables are made via migration now
- Discussion: Eager loading of the statistical relations could apperar in RC
- Discussion: RESTful service client
Read more ...